Tandem Drift Battle and NOPI Drift Qualifier at
Virginia International Raceway
Brought to you by Drift Furyhttp://www.driftfury.com
February 17th, 2007 Registration begins at
: 7:00am-7:15am (YOU MUST BE HERE TO SIGN IN AT THIS TIME! IF YOU ARE LATE, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO DRIVE AND YOU WILL NOT BE REFUNDED YOUR MONEY. NO EXCEPTIONS!)Tech inspection
: 7:00am until 7:45 am
Mandatory Driver's Meeting and course walk: 8:00am (DO NOT BE LATE IF YOU PLAN ON DRIVING) Cars on Track:
8:30am – 5:30pm DRIVER REGISTRATION:
Will be open January 17, 2007 http://www.driftfury.com/index.php?content=registration
Pre-registration = $135.00 Deadline is Midnight Thursday, February 15th.
Event Day = $200.00
* PLEASE BE ADVISED! WE EXPECT THAT THIS EVENT WILL FILL UP.
*If you registered for DF4 you are entitled to a $35 credit at this event. We will issue cash credit at the gate.Spectators fee TBARequired Forms:
* Please print these, fill them out and have them available at the time of check inTech Inspection [PDF] http://www.driftfury.com/tech_card.pdfJudging Sheet [PDF] http://www.driftfury.com/score_sheet.pdfTENATIVE SCHEDULE:
7:00AM Facility Opens
7:00AM – 7:15AM Registration and Driver Check In
7:00AM – 7:45AM Technical Inspections
8:00AM - Mandatory Driver Meeting And Course Walk
8:30AM - Practice Sessions Begin
3:00PM – Qualifying begins
5:30PM - Awards GENERAL NOTES:
* Event is rain or shine.
* There will be a 60 DRIVER MAX, once we reach the 60 DRIVER LIMIT THAT'S IT.
* ALL DRIVERS NEED TO ARRIVE BETWEEN 7:00am-7:15am. If you are paid and do not arrive by 7:15am, your registration will not be accepted and you will not be refunded your money. This will be 100% enforced.
* Please have all required forms printed, completed and in hand at the time of registration.
* You must be 18 to drive by yourself. If you are a licensed driver under 18 and would like to participate, you must have a parent or guardian present with ID to sign the minor waiver.
* A valid state issued driver's license will be required when checking in at the event registration booth. DRIVERS NOTES:
* Please take your car to the pit area and prep your car for inspection (you will be escorted to this area by one of our staff members).
* Then form a single file line at the start box (on track) to be tech inspected, leave your inspection sheet on your windshield. You will be given a number by the tech inspector. If two drivers will be driving the same car, please make the tech inspector aware of this immediately.
* After your car is finished with inspection please bring your tech from to the registration booth where sign a waiver and receive your driver wrist band.
* Once you have completed with registration and your car has completed tech inspection, you can take one 10-15 mph parade lap on the track in your car. Speed limit will be strictly enforced and if violated you will not be allowed to participate in your first session on the track.
* Return to the pit area and wait for the drivers meeting. EVENT DETAILS:
This event will be a NOPI qualifier event. All drivers are however welcome and will cater to both beginner and advanced drivers along with high and/or low horsepower vehicles. If during qualifying you receive a score of 12 points or above, you will have earned a NOPI Drift license. We will have a top 8 tandem competition for the money after that. You car must pass the Drift Fury tandem tech requirements in order to compete for the money. If you make top 8 and your car does not qualify to tandem, we will take the next driver in qualifying points whose car passes our tandem tech requirements. Those tech requirements can be found here: http://www.driftfury.com/index.php?content=drivers
We will rotate up to 6 groups of 10 drivers throughout the event. Each driver will complete 5 laps per session. Be sure to bring plenty of tires, water, food, etc...
No ride alongs unless you are Drift Fury staff or a registered driver.Competition payouts:
1st place: $500 and a $600 certificate from Griffin Radiator
2nd place: $300
3rd place: $100MEDIA:
All media applications must be submitted at least 1 week prior to the event and can be found via the following link: http://www.driftfury.com/media_app.pdf
Fill out and fax to:
All media related individuals must be at least 18 years of age, wear closed toed shoes, be accompanied by a spotter, and have signed all necessary waivers prior to gaining access on track. They must follow all rules set forth by the venue and Drift Fury; in addition to obeying all event officials, course workers, and venue personnel. Drift Fury reserves the right to deny or revoke media passes at any given time. All persons receiving a media pass must follow all officials, venue, and event rules regarding safety and procedures.
***Drift Fury welcomes and appreciates coverage from members of the media. However, application for credentials does not guarantee approval. Members of the media are responsible for confirming their credentials before the event.DISCLAIMER:
For concerns/questions concerning the event contact email@example.com
To become a sponsor of the event contact firstname.lastname@example.org
[Edited on 19-1-2007 by Tracy]