Well time to start posting the Vette for sale. Hate to part with it but need the Benjamins for go fast goodies for the Subaru.
What we have here is a Super Stock 2002 Corvette Z06. Fully prepped and developed. Faster than a scalded cheetah and more nimble than an Olympic Ice Skater.
The car was dyno'ed this winter at All Aspects. 362hp/355lbs torque at the wheels. 68lbs oil pressure at 6,000 RPM. Previously the car was dyno'ed 4 or 5 years ago in Richmond with 355hp/348lbs torque at the wheels. The car weighs in at just over 3,100lbs race ready.
We purchased this car used in 2005. It had 11,000 miles on the clock. Since then we have put another ~40,000 mile on it bringing the ODO to just over 50k. She was wounded only once. When preparing to take it off a trailer in our driveway it rolled forward and cracked the windshield on the tire rack. The roof was slightly damaged too. It was repaired by the insurance by McGeorge Body Shop up in Richmond. Their fiber glass guy is an ex-boat manufacturer who took a full 3 months to properly repair and cure before moving on to the next steps. Does not leak and no visible sign of the repair. We have even had a body shop guy or two try and find the damaged area and they couldn't.
ALL of the fluids have been changed at the beginning of the year for the past 5 years or so (It was daily driven before that so the fluids had been changed on scheduled.) Only the best fluids have been used. Mobil 1 for the engine, transmission and diff up until this year. We switched to Royal Purple for the Diff and Engine this year on the recommendation of Sam Strano @ Strano Performance Parts. All of the other maintenance has been handled religiously.This year we replaced a number of items 'just in case':
Now for the good stuff. Here are 'Race' parts on the car:
- Both front hubs replaced - December 2011
- Both Electric Fans & the Shroud - January 2012 (It was cheaper to replace the fans & shroud together than to just replace the fans)
- Upper Idler & Tensioner - August 2011
- Lower Idler & Tensioner - January 2012
- Water Pump & 160 degree thermostat - March 2012 (there was a small leak around the pump and the car was running hotter than I like during autocrosses)
- Brake Rotors - Winter 2010 (Replaced with Stock Rotors)
- Brake Pads - Winter 2010 (Replaced with Hawk HP+ pads)
- Left Rear Hub - Replaced twice in 2007 or 2008
- Radio - April 2012
- Spark Plugs & Wire - January 2012
- SSR Rims - Stock sizes and offset. Weigh 1 pound less each than the stock wheels
- Stock Z06 Rims - Came with the car
- Koni Yellow Shocks - New December 2011
- Pfadt Spherical Bushings on upper shock mounts
- ADCO Swaybar - Installed 2006 or 2007. New Heim Joint endlinks installed Winter 2011
- Hardbar Carbon Fiber Harness Bar w/ Camera Mount
- Teamtech 6 point harness with custom quick release anchors for ease of removal for street driving.
- Borla X-Pipe - Installed Winter 2011
- Borla Axle Back Exhaust - Installed December 2012
- Hawk HP+ Brake Pads - As mentioned in the maintenance section
- There are 2 or 3 sets of Hoosier A6's that come mounted and loose. They are all used to one extent or another but should be adequate for at least the rest of this season.
Car comes with a set of Black center, chrome lipped rims with BFGoodrich KDW2's mounted.Spares:
- Factory axle back exhaust - Super light Titanium unit (weighs 5lbs less than the current Borla setup)
- 4 or 5 year old Koni Red Shocks
- Extra front spring
- Factory front swaybar
- Several Quarts of Royal Purple Oil
- Factory Shocks
- Factory Radio
Probably more that I have forgotten
The car has a bit of an oil leak. It has been investigated by several shops with no definitive source identified. Not currently bad enough to warrant invasive search and repair.
There is the expected amount of wear and tear associated with autocross but nothing major or catastrophic.
You can contact me via e-mail @ keath (at) marx (dot) ws
Phone @ Eight Oh Four 239-4666
Pictures can be found here: http://www.autocross.us/forums/index.php?showtopic=5428&st=0#entry55141