My name is Vincenzo I own a Mazdaspeed protege and have about 10K put into it and about 250whp (give or take 10, the pic below shows where i was at at the end of the 2006 season). i have been doing drag racing for a while but want more of a challenge and AutoX seems to be just that. My car will never be a "10 second car"
I was wondering if you all could help me out:
1) how do i get started? Do i become a member first or can i just register for an event and show up on race day?
2) What class will i run in? since i am FAR from stock and am a rookie I am a little confused on this.
3) what is the general cost per race? I need to get a feel for how much this is going to cost me!
4) what are the safety precautions and article i need ot compete? (ie., do i need a helmet,etc.
5) when is the first race of 2007!?
6) what else should i do to my car before i put her on the track? Tires? rims? ...
Here is a list of all my mods to help with the class i can run in and answer no. 6.
Turbo w/ sidemouted intercooler, hardpipes, greddy RS BOV, relocated MAF sensor.
Mazda 626 PnP Intake Manifold
Black powder coated valve cover
front and rear upgraded motor mounts
NGK copper plugs (i step colder)
3" turbo back GHL exhaust w/ highflow cat and resonator
JDM 16lbs flywheel
Exedy stage 1 clutch
Greddy Profec B II electronic boost controller
AEM Wideband guage
Boost gauge w/ remote switch (I know the EBC is a guage too)
Tein S Lowering springs on OEM tokico struts
SS brake lines
Drilled and slotted Rotors ( soon to replace with JUST slotted)
Axxis metal master track pads
And last but far from least...
Unichip engine management
Thanks everyone that responds and here is my baby...
I know the time is bad but on my last and best run i had major wheel hop in first and hit rev limit in second and no engine management at the time, but still blew away the mazdaspeed6 i was up against( have slips to prove it! so please no BS flag!)! so even though it was a crappy run i still won. Can't wait to see what she can do now that i have the winter to finalize and tune my baby!