Virginia Motor Sport Club Discussion Forums
October 25, 2020, 09:22:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2001 Miata LS for Sale, ES prepped, 112k miles.  (Read 65 times)
Schwifty_NB

View Profile
« on: October 10, 2020, 01:57:10 PM »

Hello everyone. Sad times but I've decided to sell my 2001 Miata to put the funds elsewhere. Please find the craigslisting herr and the add pasted below. If you pull off the springs, swap wheels, and removee the elbj, this car is fully ES prepped. It's in fantastic shape. Located in Glen Allen. Feel free to call or text 970-849-8230 with questions or of interested. Asking 8,000 obo. Thanks

https://richmond.craigslist.org/cto/d/henrico-2001-miata-ls-green-112k/7211604296.html

I'm looking to sell my great condition 2001 Miata MX-5 LS 5 speed. I am the third owner (was a 1 owner car up until last year). I purchased the car about a year ago from the second owner who had the car for a short duration before buying a new MX-5. I love driving this car but between COVID + three young children, I find I rarely have the spare time to enjoy this car over weekend cruises or events. Therefore the funds tied up in this car can probably be best used elsewhere for a while. Since this is an LS it comes with the frame reinforcements, LSD, larger sport brakes, and front shock tower brace. Since I owned the car, I ran it in one Richmond area autocross and it did quite well (better than the driver). I am asking 8,000 OBO for the car and am not interested in parting it out at this time.

The car is in excellent mechanical and aesthetic condition. To ensure the engine was in good shape, I had the car dyno tested at Flim Flam Speed here in Richmond and the car made a respectable (for NB stock miata) 115hp / 112tq a the wheels (see photos). The current state safety inspection is good through December 2020.

It was garage kept by the original owner (as well as myself) and it shows in the condition of the paint & body. I have performed comprehensive maintenance on the vehicle, and the original owner maintained all documented service records (present and included with car). A list of maintenance items that I have performed on the car over the past year (all preventive):

* Timing belt replaced
* Water pump & gaskets replaced
* Accessory belts / other misc maintenance items during timing belt / water pump replacement
* Radiator replaced
* Engine oil / Filter replaced (with Redline synthetic 5w30)
* Transmission fluid replaced (with Redline synthetic fluid)
* Differential fluid replaced (with Redline synthetic fluid)
* Replaced lower ball joints
* Replaced rear brakes (calipers and pads) and front pads).

Upgrades that I've installed on the car (geared towards spirited backroad driving and light autocross performance)

* K&N filter (sorry I couldn't help but listing this first)
* Konig Dekagram 15x8 4X100 ET25 wheels
* Goodwin Racing full autocross street class package: https://www.good-win-racing.com/Mazda-Performance-Part/20-10582H.html including:
-Full set of Koni Adjustable Sport Shocks front and rear
-Racing Beat front tubular sway bar
-Racing Beat Blocks and Bolts sway bar mount reinforcement
-RoadsterSport 4 Helmholtz Muffler
* Bridgestone Potenza RE71 Tires 215/15 with less than 500 miles on them (and zero events or track days)- essentially brand new
-Flyin Miata sport springs
-Goodwin Extended rear shock mount top hats
-Flyin Miata Extended lower Ball Joints
-Removed factory soft top and installed original factory hard top (still have soft top and will be included with car) Hardtop is attached with secure / SCCA / NASA compliant mounts but I have the latches and will include them with the car.
-Front air dam / lip (aesthetics)
-Blackened OE headlights (aesthetics)

Issues with the car:
* Interior has a couple of small flaws / wear items (driver side door card cracks, and driver seat bolster crack).
* Clutch functions fine but has chatter / vibration that is typical of these cars if not engaged properly. A clutch replacement and flywheel resurface should remedy this issue if it was too bothersome.
* Two small bubbles in paint of hard top (passenger side, lower- ~1 cm in size).
* If you want the rear defroster to function, you will need the appropriate pigtail adapter to connect the NA hardtop defroster wire to the car's connector (NA < NB).

Additional goodies included with car:
* Original soft top (top is worn but functional, frame is great)
* Soft Top latches
* OE rear brakes
* Extra set of BGF Rival-S tires (215/15) with one autocross event and 250 miles (essentially brand new)- always stored indoors.

Thanks for your interest. This is a fun little car and I'll be sad to see it go but can't justify it taking up the little bit of extra garage space I have any longer. Please reach out if interested or if you have any questions.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2020, 02:03:10 PM by Schwifty_NB » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: