Virginia Motor Sport Club Discussion Forums
October 22, 2019, 09:31:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: God is great, family is good, now I need the best body/repair shop in Richmond.  (Read 11902 times)
MikeDe

"It's not a midlife crisis if you never grow up"

View Profile
« on: January 13, 2016, 07:55:15 PM »

My wife was in a decent accident today in our 2015 Town and Country 12K miles.  I have a feeling they will try and fix the van as opposed to "totaling" it.  Driver/passenger/leg airbags deployed. I think I would rather them "total" it so I know the car is as good as new.  She was with all three little ones.  Katie (wife) is beat up pretty bad, kids are okay except for car seat bruising etc.  We had everyone checked out and everyone is okay.  God is great!  If they try and fix it I want it done right.  I want every clip/chip/scratch and body gap fixed.  I want it back .... better than new.  I need suggestions for elite body/engine shops in the Richmond/Fredericksburg area.  I started the vehicle several hours after the accident (at the wrecking yard) and swear it was knocking.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 08:00:42 PM by MikeDe » Logged

2008 TBSS "BEAST" / 1990 Civic SI "Fireball" / 1957 Chevy "Melissa" / 2016 "Hottesy"
(And 38 others that I have owned and loved over the years)
gunny

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2016, 07:51:52 AM »

Glad everyone is ok!

Gunny
pipefitter

Board

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2016, 08:05:29 AM »

I'm glad everyone is okay. These days, almost all body shops follow the same protocol on repairs. They even have to, (according to a body man I know), make the welds weak enough that the "crumple zones" will crumple. I haven't needed a body shop in while, but I'll ask my nephew who worked for an auto paint company who he likes.

"You can't make a racehorse out of a pig,

But you CAN make a pretty fast pig"
jloehlein
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2016, 12:25:40 PM »

Damn, glad to hear everyone is alright.  That's pretty terrifying sounding.

I've heard great things about Burleigh's.  We took the Porsche there when our insurance company didn't think it was totaled and had them dig into it further.  They were very easy to deal with.  I think our 911 was the crappiest car there, which says something.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 12:28:23 PM by jloehlein » Logged

2000 Honda Insight - Daily Driver (in the process of engine swapping now)
1995 Honda Civic CX - Street Mod/HPDE beater
1991 Mazda Miata (plus parts cars) - LeMons racecar
250whp, 1300lb Birkin S3 (track day car in the works)
abshifflett

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2016, 01:37:59 PM »

We used Burleigh's for my wife's santa fe a few years ago and I have nothing but good things to say about them, very professional and easy to work with. Even though they do mostly high end work they treat everyone the same regardless of what you bring in, which I was pleasantly surprised by.
MikeDe

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2016, 05:26:48 PM »

Here are a few pics.  My wife was driving down the road and an elderly lady was at a stop sign and pulled right out in front of my wife.  Luckily, she was running about 35mph, our minivan t-boned hers.  The elderly lady graciously admitted fault at the scene and subsequently to her insurance agency. I think my wife's shins may have been shattered if not for the floor airbags.  Looks like her legs flew up into the dash. God is great!!!

« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 05:31:38 PM by MikeDe » Logged

2008 TBSS "BEAST" / 1990 Civic SI "Fireball" / 1957 Chevy "Melissa" / 2016 "Hottesy"
wahoo5
Administrator
SuperDuper Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2016, 04:22:30 PM »

Wow, Mike. I am so glad to hear all are ok.

David

David Ogburn
'15 Cayman GTS
'11 911 GT3 RS
'06 F430
VMSC photos
MikeDe

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2016, 05:41:26 PM »

Thanks to all for your well wishes and comments.  The van is officially totaled.  I managed to persuade the ins. company to total the van before it even went to a body shop.  The estimate was low, but I guess after me worrying them to death for 2 weeks, they decided to total loss the vehicle.  My wife is still in pain her shins are still black and blue.  The kids have a few deep bruises as well.  All considered we are okay.  So thankful that God took care of my family!
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 05:44:59 PM by MikeDe » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: