Blew the motor in my car so I am in the market for a motor and trans combination. I figured I would have some possible results opening it to this community. It will be going into a my golf shell so keep that in mind as something large and heavy like V8 may not be the best fit, but feel free to tempt me. Am open to most any option. Some options include but are not limited too are:
1. Most any 4 cylinder boosted motor, trans axle or longitudinal, both considered (SR, 1.8T, ABA, ...)
2. Some high output, high reving 4 cylinders. (Honda)
3. Lighter weight Inline 6 and v6s and aluminum v8s. (1Jz, LS
, BMW options, dont want any Transverse V8s)
4. Any AWD swaps that handle, Subaru (wrx or STI
), and older quattro systems (89-95) that have T2 center diffs, most are mated too audi's turboed 5 cylinder which is a plus.
5. Vr6, because it would get me back on the road easily for a bit
Complete cars is a plus, something "totaled" that has a modernish power plant (thinking 90s maybe 2000s), you get the idea. I would like not to have to remake all
the subframes if possible hence complete cars. Price per horsepower is my starting benchmark.